POCC Goal & Objectives
P.O.C.C. GOAL: To elevate the quantity and quality of prosthetic and orthotic rehabilitation services everywhere.
- to facilitate the provision of new and used prosthetic and orthotic components to those who do not have access to them
- to ensure that prosthetic and orthotic distributions are used to enhance the quality of services at local prosthetic and orthotic clinics while ensuring that they do not have detrimental effects on any local prosthetic or orthotic industry (see the P&O Humanitarian Code of Conduct for more information)
- to keep usable prosthetic and orthotic goods from becoming landfill
- to provide individuals, manufacturers, distributors and facilities a means by which to receive tax deductions for donations of prosthetic and orthotic goods
- to illuminate the plight of the disabled around the world who are in need of prosthetic and orthotic services yet who do not have access to them.